Wednesday, June 24, 2009
I'm a Big Kid Now
So my little baby boy is growing up. He has been using his crib for naps during the daytime for a few weeks now. I think he has been ready to sleep there at night for a while too, but I just haven't been ready to leave him alone. The first night I tried to let him sleep in the crib, Collin came in at midnight to find me sleeping in the chair. I just couldn't do it. The second night I tried to let him sleep in his crib, he stayed until about 11 and I sat there staring at the video baby monitor making sure he was still breathing. That's when I realized it was time for me to grow up and let my baby boy grow a little too. For the past three nights he has slept in his crib. I guess that makes it official - he is a big boy, sleeping in his big crib, in his big room, all by himself. The transition has continued to be much more difficult for me than it has been for Tyler. I did well until last night when I just needed my little boy back in her arms at 4 a.m. I guess it is time to break down the bassinet and put it away until Tyler gets a little brother or sister someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow Erin! He is adorable... and he's getting so big! I look forward to keeping up with you guys on your blog...thanks for starting it!
Post a Comment