Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year we stayed home for Thanksgiving and had Collin's family over. It was the first time I had cooked Thanksgiving. There were only five adults and Tyler but you would not have known it based on the amount of food I prepared! Our leftovers lasted for a week! It was a quiet Thanksgiving compared to a Thanksgiving at the Dodds household (Erin's family) but a relaxing one none the less.
My first turkey!

Our Thanksgiving table



Daddy carving his first turkey

Grandma Judy and Tyler watching Daddy carve!

Hey, no phones on Thanksgiving Grandpa!

Big boy sitting at the table, not in a high chair!

Kissing Mommy!

On Friday morning, Collin and I went shopping. We headed to Sear's to get a washer and dryer but it was gone by the time we hit the line at 3:40 a.m. So we headed over to Target which opened at 4. What a ZOO! I've NEVER seen anything like it before. There were so many people there. We had a little success at Target and then headed to Best Buy. That was the coldest we were all morning long. We only had to wait in line about 15 minutes. We were not successful at Best Buy, but that's ok. We then headed to Kohl's. What were we thinking? We found some good stuff, but the line to check out did not move! We were home by 6:30. Grandma Judy and I then headed out to the mall for a couple of hours. We got some good deals before heading home.

Black Friday is one of my most favorite days of the year. Although I was only out for about 6 hours this year, I still had fun. Usually it is a long day - a 15+ hour day of shopping so this was definitely a change for me!

Once we got home, Grandpa Jerry, Collin and Tyler went out front to put lights on the house! It looks like Christmas exploded outside! We are definitely in the running for the most lights out front! I'll have to get a picture and post it later!

The rest of the weekend was spent watching lots of football! It was a good weekend with family! We are thankful to have family to spend this time with!
Grandpa Jerry, Mongo and Chloe

Great Grandpa Elton watching Football!

No comments: