The Museum of Natural History in Los Angeles holds a special place in my heart. It was the first field trip I ever took my students on when I was a teacher in Culver City. Each year we went we heard about the butterfly pavilion but it was never possible to take my students there. Last year I took Tyler. Although he enjoyed it, he was a little young. The pavilion recently opened up again for the Spring/Summer and so we went again. We went Morgan and her two daughters, Sophie (2) and Norah (born this year on Tyler's birthday!). The kids loved the exhibit! Tyler got to see caterpillar eggs, a few chrysalises, and of course a BUNCH of butterflies. One even landed on Morgan's shoulder which was cool for the kids to see.
 |
| Painted Lady |
 |
| See the chrysalis? |
 |
| Sophie and Tyler |
 |
| On the move again |
 |
| Looking closer |
 |
| Buddies! |
 |
| Enough already |
What is really awesome about this exhibit is how up close and personal the kids can get with the butterflies. It is a great learning experience and one I hope we can take Daddy to!
No comments:
Post a Comment