Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, July 3, 2010

First Words

Tyler was born tongue-tied. After reading about it, I was concerned about his speech and ability to speak words. I have nothing to fear - he is a babbling fool! Before his speech really takes off I thought I should record a list of the words he does have at 15 1/2 months.
His first words are:
dog
ball
no (no, no, no, no, no - is usually the combination he shares!)
duck
ma

We sometimes think we hear:
Emma
Mongo
go
up

His first signed words are:
more
eat
milk

We love listening to him babble! For months now he babbles a string of tickle, tickle, tickle. Here is a video from April 2010. He was just 13 months old here!


Two months later he is still saying tickle, tickle. Soon he won't be babbling like this. I will miss this stage. It's just too cute!!!


The final video for today is of him signing more. I had given up on him ever signing to me. I've been signing non-stop for almost 10 months and he has finally showed me it's paying off. Every day he is trying to sign more. He gets so excited that he can tell me what he wants. I know this moment will pass quickly too! Why, oh, why do they grow so quickly?

No comments: