Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Allergies, Allergies
Since introducing Tyler to milk and other solid foods we have noticed that his tummy doesn't always like what we feed him. We have slowly been eliminating different foods and still couldn't quite figure out what was going on. Two weeks ago I took him to have a full food allergy panel and a celiac disease screening. Today we got the results. The good news is he doesn't have celiac disease. The bad news is he does have an allergy to wheat and oats. Luckily it is not a severe allergy and hopefully he will grow out of it soon. In the meantime I'm madly doing research about wheat free and oat free foods/diets. I'm going to have to be that mean mom that takes away the cookies, garlic bread and little donuts he loves so much. Yikes!!! I'd better find some alternatives quickly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Allergies are horrible! Hopefully he grows out of it! Good luck finding info! :)
Post a Comment