Blogger Backgrounds

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Bedtime Chats

Last night I got home from my P.E.O. meeting and checked on Tyler. He was fast asleep. As I wound down for the night I heard him about twenty minutes after I checked on him. He was awake and asking to "sleep Mommy's bed" so I brought him in. That's the kind of sucker I am. He climbed into bed and immediately woke Collin up with a "hi Daddy" in a nice and loud voice. Poor Collin had no idea I was even home let alone to wake up to Tyler laying next to him. We all settled into bed and then Tyler became Mr. Wiggle Worm so after ten minutes I took him back to bed. I gave him some snuggles, a few songs and a back rub before I hit the sack myself.

Well, about fifteen minutes later I heard him again. This time he was telling a story in his bed. I listened for a few minutes on the baby monitor and this is the gist of what I got.

"Minnie I drive you."
"Donald no quack quack. Ducky go quack quack."
"Mickey find quack quack duck."
sigh
giggle
"Oh Goofy. Silly."
"Quack, quack. Find duck. Find duck."
giggle
sigh
deep breath

And on and on...with Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie. It was some adventure he was telling. I had to wake Collin up again to listen because it was so darn cute. He's not obsessed with Mickey or anything, eh? So on he went, telling his Mickey story for almost two hours. I did try a couple more times to rock him to sleep but he just wanted to play. I let him figure it out and by 1am he was finally asleep. Crazy kid!

No comments: