Blogger Backgrounds

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Good night candy, good night man

Tonight Tyler and I headed to the drug store to pick up a prescription for Collin. Tyler loves this store because there is so much candy to look at and try to convince me to buy for him. It never works yet he never stops trying.

While waiting for the prescription we looked down the toy aisle. After two minutes they called us. Now Tyler was disappointed because he couldn't look down that toy aisle like I promised. He pulled his shoulders down and did his normal pout while saying "I never get nothin'." Poor kid, never gets nothin.

So on the way out he looked at ALL of the candy and pointed to every one he wanted. In order to get him to leave I told him to say goodnight to the candy so we could go. He proceeded to point to EVERY, yes, EVERY candy and say goodnight M&M's, goodnight gums, goodnight red one (since he didn't know the name of the Kit Kat). He went down the whole row. The cashier just stared at us. This poor teenager had no idea why I would be encouraging him to say goodnight.

We then rounded the corner and he proceeded to say goodnight to all of the jelly beans and gummies. Then he turned to the cashier and said, "Goodnight man, goodnight man's balls." Just at that moment the manager rounded the corner and gave me this look. like what did he just say???

Tyler continued to walk out of the store saying goodnight to the candy eggs, the candy in the quarter machine and the bouncy balls.

The good news is we made it out of the drug store without one request for candy but I'm not sure how soon I can go back in there without that poor cashier and the manager remembering Tyler saying goodnight to them.

No comments: