Blogger Backgrounds

Monday, May 3, 2010

Mommy and Daddy's Night Out


This weekend we went to San Diego for our first night where both of us were away from our boy. We left him with Grandma and Grandpa Schoenfeld and headed south for a wedding. We had a great time. Collin's college friend Jen and her fiancee Kevin got married at Balboa Park. It was a black tie wedding so we got fancied up. I even got a new dress and heals (black and white cute ones)! I haven't been in heals in a LONG time!!! The wedding was FABULOUS. I haven't had much to drink in probably close to three years and I took advantage of the fact that I wouldn't have to nurse the next day and had a couple glasses of wine. It was a fun, relaxing evening.

On Sunday we both woke up on our own - no alarm of any sort (musical or calls from Tyler). We took our time getting up and heading to breakfast. After breakfast we started the trek home. We hit the outlet stores in Carlsbad. What's a trip away without a little shopping!?! We then picked up our tired, tired boy and headed back home. Tyler had a great time at Grandma and Grandpa's house. He was sooo tired this morning he took a 3 plus hour nap! We'll get back on track soon, I hope!

It was a wonderful weekend. We've decided to do this at least once a quarter. I just loved spending time with my husband and relaxing without a to-do list hanging over our heads!

No comments: