We had lunch at The Habit and then made our way to the beach. Tyler tried out the swings first. He LOVED them so much! He and Daddy just giggled and giggled. I don't know if I've ever seen him smile so much. A little later in the day the two of us also took a ride on the swings. It was fun!
Thursday, June 3, 2010
A Day at the Beach
Two weeks ago we finally had a free weekend so the three of us drove to Ventura for a beach day. Neither Collin nor I had ever been to Ventura really so it was a great adventure for us all! We took Highway 126 all the way out - what a beautiful drive!! We didn't have directions but just figured we'd find what we were looking for by just exploring. We came upon a great beach at the end of California street. They had a large swing set, a play structure and of course the sand and water.


We had lunch at The Habit and then made our way to the beach. Tyler tried out the swings first. He LOVED them so much! He and Daddy just giggled and giggled. I don't know if I've ever seen him smile so much. A little later in the day the two of us also took a ride on the swings. It was fun!




We then tried the slide. He was such a big boy letting go of Daddy's hands and sliding down without help. I don't know who was more scared - Tyler or Daddy?!?

We then spread out our towels and played in the sand. He loved scooping up the sand and then eating it of course. He was also amazed at two kids playing catch. He just stood there watching them throw the ball back and forth. They thought he was pretty funny too! His head bounced back and forth watching that ball so intently. I think he is all boy - loving any kind of ball!





After some sand time we headed down to the water. Daddy took Tyler into the waves first. That water was COOOLDDDD!!! Tyler loved it and immediately wanted to be put down. When the first wave crashed over his toes he just laughed. He was so happy to play in the water. As it receded he ran after it! I know we have a water boy on our hands! The trips to the Bahamas and Hawaii this fall will be so much fun!



When we had enough of the cold water Tyler cuddled in Daddy's lap. He was very sleepy so we packed up and put him in his stroller. There is a great walkway next to the sand so we wandered down the path. It didn't take long for Tyler to fall asleep. We then checked out downtown Ventura. It's a cute little town. We found a Rocket Fizz - a fun store of candy and old fashioned sodas. We got some treats and sat to enjoy them. By this time, Tyler was awake. He enjoyed a little milk and some Sixlets. A great end to a great day at the beach!

We had lunch at The Habit and then made our way to the beach. Tyler tried out the swings first. He LOVED them so much! He and Daddy just giggled and giggled. I don't know if I've ever seen him smile so much. A little later in the day the two of us also took a ride on the swings. It was fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment