Blogger Backgrounds

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Love

Ok, so I am not exactly what you would call a prolific blogger; in fact although Erin set up my account to post on the blog long ago, I think this might be my first post! Not that I haven't wanted to, but with family and work stuff, I guess I just get busy.

Yesterday was a pretty rough day for me, work was hectic and I have a cold and was feeling overall miserable. Erin and Tyler and I had dinner and because I got home late, bedtime for Tyler wasn't too far behind. I asked Erin if she would get Tyler ready for bed while I took a hot shower. When I got done, story time was already over and the lights were out and Tyler and Erin were snuggling in his chair before she put him in his crib. I came in and sat down to say goodnight. When I did, Tyler took the bottle out of his mouth and looked at me and said "I LOVE YOU". He did it without me saying it first and did it for the first time saying all three words (He usually just says I love). Being the macho guy I am, I immediately teared up and said I love you too. When we were done saying goodnight, I shut the door and as I was walking down the hall from his room, somehow I immediately forgot about my bad day. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful family, I thank God everyday.

1 comment:

Erin said...

And by the way, I'm STILL waiting for him to say it to me. I still only get "I love" unlike you. Someday, I suppose! Right? Little stinker...