 |
| On the train |
This past weekend we continued to get into the holiday spirit! On Saturday evening we went to Travel Town in Griffith Park to see Santa. We arrived just before it opened, were on the first train and the third family in line to see Santa Claus! I had read that the lines were always long so I was prepared for a long evening but our timing could not have been better.
 |
| On the train, riding through the tunnel of lights! |
 |
| The Gingerbread House |
 |
| Frosty! |
 |
| My two favorite guys! |
 |
| So handsome...ready to see Santa! |
When we got up to Santa, I took Tyler and we gave Santa a high-five. All was good so I put Tyler down. That's when he got upset. He was not so happy to sit on Santa's lap. The picture they took wasn't the greatest but we did get some of our own. As soon as I picked him up, Tyler was smiling and even gave Santa a kiss. Too cute!!!
 |
| Santa is asking, "What did I get myself into?" |
 |
| Not a happy camper |
 |
| Santa is ready, Tyler is not. |
 |
| Mommmmm!!!! |
We then posed for some pictures around Travel Town and Santa's Village before heading home! It was a very fun night and we hope to make it a tradition for years to come!
 |
| Just moments after melting down with Santa |
 |
| Loving my candy cane |
 |
| Emma and Tyler and candy canes! |
 |
| Smile! |
 |
| Santa's Village! |
On Sunday, we decided it was time to get the tree. We went to Lowe's to get our tree. Upon arriving, we saw they had about 4 or 5 trees left. Seriously, 4 or 5 trees left. It was crazy. It's not that late in the season but there they were. I almost settled but instead we headed to Home Depot. We couldn't find a tree there either. They had a lot to choose from, but I couldn't decide on one I thought was perfect. I then decided I'd leave the decision to Tyler. I let him choose a tree. It turned out to be a pretty good tree. As we were standing in line I saw a tree out of the corner of my eye. Tyler and I decided we liked that one better so while Daddy put our first tree back, we purchased the new tree. As we stood in line for the tree to be trimmed, the largest rain drops I've ever seen started pouring. Tyler and I ran to the car. I think the rain and my running scared him so! We got the tree, tied it to the roof and home we went!
 |
| Our Nordman Fir |
We love our tree. After dinner, Tyler and I put the lights on! Tonight we'll add the ornaments. It is so festive now in our home with our tree. Ornaments and the train are our final Christmas touches to the house!
No comments:
Post a Comment