Blogger Backgrounds

Saturday, March 20, 2010

New Enemy

Now that Tyler is 1 the doctor said it was time to try real cow's milk. I had some in the fridge on Tuesday so I figured I'd give it a try. He LOVED it and really couldn't get enough of it. Wednesday morning we had the same reaction. By Wednesday afternoon he had a fever, runny nose, and a mild cough. I called the doctor and was told it could just be a reaction to his shots from Tuesday so I figured I'd watch it. By Friday it still wasn't any better so I started looking at shot side effects online. Other than a mild fever he didn't have any listed reactions. That's when it occurred to me - maybe it was the milk. Sure enough - every website lists his symptoms as side effects of a milk allergy. So I guess it's time to go back to formula and breastfeeding. To think we were almost weaned and now with him not feeling well that's all he seems to want. Poor guy! We are almost 24 hours milk free. He's up and down in his crib and has been for the last two hours. I hope that he is finally able to get to sleep tonight and that tomorrow he is back to his normal happy, go lucky kiddo! Darn milk! We'll have to try again in a few months.

No comments: