We are still going to Gymboree after almost two years. Today we did a make up class by taking an art class with the fabulous Miss Amanda! Now that Tyler is 2 we could try out Art II. There were three boys in the class and both of them were close to 3 years old so Tyler was definitely a little behind them. We started by playing with Playdoh and using cutting tools. Tyler really liked this. He also showed his love of smelling Playdoh. Yes, he loves to smell it and is so cute with his little "mmm" after each sniff.
We then talked about transportation and used plastic cars to "drive/paint" tracks on our paper. Tyler refused to wear the smock. There are bigger battles to be had I suppose. With a little help from me, this is how it turned out!
Then we sat and talked about shapes by reading a shape book by Dayle Ann Dodds called The Shape of Things. Tyler was somewhat interested in this part. I just liked the book because it was written by a Dodds! We then got to glue a car and it's parts and other shapes together. Tyler loved the gluing part! We followed up by dot painting with dotting painters.
It was a really fun class. For his first experience with glue and dot painters, I think he did pretty well. Mental note for next time...wear icky art clothes so I don't worry about the paint ending up all over me. I thought of it for him, just not me! Next time!
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have got to re-enroll JD in that art class. That's awesome artwork!
Post a Comment