Blogger Backgrounds

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Big 2nd Birthday Celebration - Elmo Style!

Saturday morning arrived! It was the big day! I had been planning for a few weeks now and everything was falling into place. The house was nicely decorated. The Elmo cake was baked. The rest of the cupcakes were ordered and just needed to be picked up, along with the balloons! Everything was great!

Tyler woke up and helped me finish up his Elmo cake. He loved watching and tried to stick his fingers in a few times. He was so excited when it finally was his turn to get into that cake.
Watching Elmo come alive in cake form
Smile!
The finished product...yes, I really made this! It's so much easier than you think it would be!
 He then took a long nap and we got the final details of the party ready to go. Amazingly, he slept for over 3 hours and I had to wake him up as his first party guests arrived. Luckily he was in a good mood!
Dressed and ready to go - Got his 2 shirt and Elmo new sneakers on!
We set up the bounce house. The kids had a blast. Here are some photos from different times during the party when the kids were bouncing all over!



Then, Tyler discovered his birthday present from Grandpa and Grandma Schoenfeld and us - a roller coaster. While I don't have any still pictures of this (I don't know why not) I do have three VERY quick videos.  Just look at that smile. Do you think he loves his present or what?



And then the biggest surprise of the day happened! I'll let the pictures tell the story.

He realizes who is at the door!
LOOK!!!
The kids just loved Elmo. I was so excited I was able to find him. He visited for about 30 minutes and then hit the road.

The party continued in the backyard with lots of fun. There were ten kids plus Tyler and lots of grandparents, a great great Aunt, and lots of moms and dads!
Grandma Judy and Great Great Aunt Mollie
Dez dressed for the weather - Grandma Judy dressed as if it was going to snow. Crazy Grandma!
Lots of socializing
We ended the party with the cake. We ordered vanilla and raspberry cupcakes and chocolate and raspberry cupcakes for the adults. We got some really cute Elmo cupcakes for the kids. They loved it!
This face says it all!
The party ended and we opened up his presents. He loved this and had a good helper in Emma!
It was an amazing day! Tyler had so much fun. We were all so tired on Sunday. Day light savings didn't help that at all but we had no plans and could recuperate all day. So now we have a 2 year old. He celebrated in style and is growing right before our very eyes! Happy Birthday Boo! We love you so much!

2 comments:

John said...

That was an awesome party! All your hard work paid off. Thanks again for including us in celebrating Tyler's Big Day!

John said...

That comment was actually from Michelle, JD's Mommy. =)