Today we went to have the tests redone to see if there were any chances in his allergies. He was so brave sitting on my lap. This time he seemed to know what was coming and flinched a little. His vein in his left arm was so tiny and the blood was just not flowing. After about three minutes we had to stop with that vein. I held him in my arms and he was crying. It's so hard to watch that and to have to hold your child down for something like this. (Something I've had to experience too many times between having blood drawn and x-rays.) We then had to try again using the vein in his hand. Poor kiddo! He was so good, being patient. Although it hurt, he still said "Thank you" on our way out and was thrilled to be rewarded with a dum dum. What did I ever do without those dum dums?
I'm so proud of my little boy. He was so brave today and I'm so lucky that we don't have to do this often!
| Check out his color coordinating bandage. He had another on his upper arm. Poor Kiddo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment